Ms. Picco has a well-developed expertise in the analysis and drafting of Non-Competes and Non-Solicitation Agreements.
Melissa is originally from the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. The Navy brought her to Virginia Beach, when she married her husband, who is an Officer in the US Navy. They have two children, ages 8 and 10. Her free time is focused on volunteering at her children’s’ school and with local environmental causes.
- Representative Experience
- Civil litigation practice involves all aspects of dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration and mediation.
- Represents employers and employees with Fair Labor Standards Act grievances, EEOC discrimination and sexual harassment claims arising from the workplace
- Provides day-to-day counseling and advice to clients about the various laws affecting the employment relationship, including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), the Fair Labor Standards Act, and other state and federal statutes.
- Assists governmental and private employers in managing and limiting risks through the use of employment policies and procedures and drafts Employee Handbooks for employers, both private and governmental localities.
- Routinely counsels employers regarding workplace issues including with respect to employee complaints and disciplinary actions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, as well as state and federal law.
- Drafts and negotiates employment, non-competition and severance agreements.
- Represents litigants in construction and contract disputes ranging from mechanics’ liens to installation and design defects to payment and performance bond claims.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law – J.D.
- The College of William & Mary – B.S. (Environmental Science)
- Bar Admissions
- Virginia State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District
- Professional Associations
- Virginia Bar Association
- Honors / Awards
- Selected to Virginia’s Super Lawyers “Rising Stars“, 2007
- Winner (Best Brief Competition) in the John W. Davis Moot Court Competition
- Semi-Finalist (Oral Advocacy Competition) in the John W. Davis Moot Court Competition
- Member of the National Moot Court Team, Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Presentations / Publications
- Co-Presenter, “Design Practice in a Competitive and Litigious World (Understanding of the Legal Issues and Liabilities Related to the Professional Practice of Architecture and Engineering)”, April 23, 2003
What Clients Say
Thank you so much to you and your staff for making my future just a little easier.My life has been changed forever by an unfortunate accident. The severity of my injuries has now been acknowledged and validated through Tina’s amazing talents and unrelenting pursuits. Thank you so much to you and your staff for making my future just a little easier. Forever grateful.Joan S. Bourdon
Should the need arise, Sally Moore would be my choice for representation.I met attorney Sally Moore several years ago when I needed representation in an accident case. She was professional, knowledgeable and explained the process so I understood as the case moved along. Should the need arise, Sally Moore would be my choice for representation.”Reba Karp
I had contacted Ann and she did not disappoint! If it wasn't for her, there is no way possible I would have gotten anything.Just when I had given up all hope, I contacted Ann and she did not disappoint! If it wasn't for her, there is no way possible I would have gotten anything.B.M.
I am extremely happy that I was referred to the law office of Tina Babcock.I am extremely happy that I was referred to the law office of Tina Babcock. I was represented better than I could have ever imagined. My needs were put first, and I was treated in a very professional manner. My opinions were valued, and my doubts were always reassured. My nerves were calmed, and the process was always explained.Vernette Nathan
Ann quickly developed a comprehensive strategy for our case and insisted on getting us the best possible result.Our company retained the services of Sullivan Law Group on a very serious and complicated employment defense case. Ann quickly developed a comprehensive strategy for our case and insisted on getting us the best possible result.M.P.
Ms. Babcock – Thank you so much for all of your hard work and efforts on my behalf in my recent legal case.Ms. Babcock – Thank you so much for all of your hard work and efforts on my behalf in my recent legal case. Others had told me I was wasting my time and money if I had pursued this. You said, ‘I can do this for you’ AND YOU DID! I appreciate all of your advice and counsel throughout this time.Joan S. Bourdon
Tina Babcock fought hard for me and did everything she could to ensure a great outcome.Tina Babcock fought hard for me and did everything she could to ensure a great outcome. I couldn't have asked for a better law firm or attorney. Thanks to you and your team.Vernette Nathan
I had a professional friend help me find Babcock & Moore. And to find out it was a women-owned business was the cherry on top!I needed help with a Warrant in Debt I know I didn’t owe. After frantically searching for advocate services and a looming court date a few weeks away, I knew it was time to find an attorney. Not knowing where to start, I had a professional friend help me find Babcock & Moore. And to find out it was a women-owned business was the cherry on top!Sharon Meier
I can't begin to express what a wonderful and rewarding experience I had with Ann Sullivan's law firm.I can't begin to express what a wonderful and rewarding experience I had with Ann Sullivan's law firm. I had been to three different lawyers for my case and all of them were scared to take it because the company we went up against was very powerful. Ann was the only one not scared, and instead of turning me away she gave me great advice which in turn not only got me a settlement but gave me closure.B.M.
Sybil Spurgeon was always available to me for complex issues, and she treated me with compassion and empathy.Sybil Spurgeon was always available to me for complex issues, and she treated me with compassion and empathy.T.D.
Melissa Picco and the Sullivan Law Group team were engaged, very supportive, respectful, and informative!Melissa Picco and the Sullivan Law Group team were engaged, very supportive, respectful, and informative throughout this difficult time for me. They consistently went above and beyond my expectations and I could not have done this without them.S.N.