Ms. Sullivan is married to a former prosecutor and defense attorney, and she has two daughters and a son—in—law. She enjoys being a Master Gardener, with a focus on community gardening, her affiliation with Rotary, The Muse Writing Center, and her extended family.
Her prior civic commitments include teaching English as a Second Language, chairing the Board of Trustees of the Norfolk Public Library, and the Norfolk Law Library, serving as president of the Norfolk Sunrise Rotary Club, co—chairing Paint Your Heart Out, chairing the Virginia Bar Association Civil Litigation section, and Lawyers Helping Lawyers. She considers herself a life time learner.
- Representative Experience
- Served as a member of the City of Norfolk’s Grievance Board
- Serves as an Administrative Hearing Officer for the Supreme Court of Virginia
- Serves as a Special Education Hearing Officer for the Virginia Department of Education
- Participates in numerous dispute arbitrations and has served as an arbitrator and mediator
- Frequent speaker on employment issues before local and regional audiences
- Adjunct Faculty University of Virginia, Continuing Education Programs
- Serves on Civil Service Commission for Norfolk
- Serves as Board Member for the Muse Writers Center
- Serves as Board Member for Fest Events
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D.
- College of William & Mary, B.A.
- Bar Admissions
- Virginia State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District court, Northern District of Texas
- 16th Judicial District Court, Denton County, Texas
- Boyle Circuit Court, State of Kentucky
- Fayette Circuit Court, State of Kentucky
- Professional Associations
- Virginia Bar Association (Civil Litigation Section, Former Chair, Labor & Employment Section Executive Council Member, Judicial Selection Committee)
- Virginia State Bar (Judicial Selection Committee, Judicial Nominations Committee)
- Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Maritime Law Association of the U.S. (Proctor)
- Honors / Awards
- “Lawyer of the Year” for Employment Law, 2022
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® in Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law and Management and Labor Law – Management, 2008-2020
- Named one of Virginia’s “Legal Elite” (Employment Law) by Virginia Business Magazine, 2017—2020
- Recognized as a “Super Lawyer,” 2006—2022
- Selected as one of the “Top 50 Women Virginia Super Lawyers” for 2012
- Sullivan Law Group named by U.S. News as one of America’s “Best Law Firms,” 2017—2020
- Designated as a “Go-To Employment Lawyer” by Virginia Lawyers Weekly—2021
- Presentations / Publications
- “Severing the Employment Relationship,” 16th Annual Employment Law Update, sponsored by Virginia CLE
- “Conducting Depositions” for Virginia CLE; panel member for the 12th Annual Employment Law Update, sponsored by Virginia CLE
- “Drafting Employment Contracts,” for the 13th Annual Employment Law Update, sponsored by Virginia CLE
- “Chronicles of the Workplace: The Outburst, The Firing, and The Litigation,” sponsored by Virginia CLE
What Clients Say
Thank you so much to you and your staff for making my future just a little easier.My life has been changed forever by an unfortunate accident. The severity of my injuries has now been acknowledged and validated through Tina’s amazing talents and unrelenting pursuits. Thank you so much to you and your staff for making my future just a little easier. Forever grateful.Joan S. Bourdon
Should the need arise, Sally Moore would be my choice for representation.I met attorney Sally Moore several years ago when I needed representation in an accident case. She was professional, knowledgeable and explained the process so I understood as the case moved along. Should the need arise, Sally Moore would be my choice for representation.”Reba Karp
I had contacted Ann and she did not disappoint! If it wasn't for her, there is no way possible I would have gotten anything.Just when I had given up all hope, I contacted Ann and she did not disappoint! If it wasn't for her, there is no way possible I would have gotten anything.B.M.
I am extremely happy that I was referred to the law office of Tina Babcock.I am extremely happy that I was referred to the law office of Tina Babcock. I was represented better than I could have ever imagined. My needs were put first, and I was treated in a very professional manner. My opinions were valued, and my doubts were always reassured. My nerves were calmed, and the process was always explained.Vernette Nathan
Ann quickly developed a comprehensive strategy for our case and insisted on getting us the best possible result.Our company retained the services of Sullivan Law Group on a very serious and complicated employment defense case. Ann quickly developed a comprehensive strategy for our case and insisted on getting us the best possible result.M.P.
Ms. Babcock – Thank you so much for all of your hard work and efforts on my behalf in my recent legal case.Ms. Babcock – Thank you so much for all of your hard work and efforts on my behalf in my recent legal case. Others had told me I was wasting my time and money if I had pursued this. You said, ‘I can do this for you’ AND YOU DID! I appreciate all of your advice and counsel throughout this time.Joan S. Bourdon
Tina Babcock fought hard for me and did everything she could to ensure a great outcome.Tina Babcock fought hard for me and did everything she could to ensure a great outcome. I couldn't have asked for a better law firm or attorney. Thanks to you and your team.Vernette Nathan
I had a professional friend help me find Babcock & Moore. And to find out it was a women-owned business was the cherry on top!I needed help with a Warrant in Debt I know I didn’t owe. After frantically searching for advocate services and a looming court date a few weeks away, I knew it was time to find an attorney. Not knowing where to start, I had a professional friend help me find Babcock & Moore. And to find out it was a women-owned business was the cherry on top!Sharon Meier
I can't begin to express what a wonderful and rewarding experience I had with Ann Sullivan's law firm.I can't begin to express what a wonderful and rewarding experience I had with Ann Sullivan's law firm. I had been to three different lawyers for my case and all of them were scared to take it because the company we went up against was very powerful. Ann was the only one not scared, and instead of turning me away she gave me great advice which in turn not only got me a settlement but gave me closure.B.M.
Sybil Spurgeon was always available to me for complex issues, and she treated me with compassion and empathy.Sybil Spurgeon was always available to me for complex issues, and she treated me with compassion and empathy.T.D.
Melissa Picco and the Sullivan Law Group team were engaged, very supportive, respectful, and informative!Melissa Picco and the Sullivan Law Group team were engaged, very supportive, respectful, and informative throughout this difficult time for me. They consistently went above and beyond my expectations and I could not have done this without them.S.N.